Friday 19 September 2014

Summer tag :)

Shoowee I have not posted in ages, bad Karley!

I was given this challenge to do by the wonderful Lizna from Pieces in Pink, and I honestly have not had any time to do it until today, sorry!

Now that I finally have some time to spare, I am very excited to answer my questions :)

1. What is your favourite thing about Summer?
I love the warmer weather in the evenings and being able to be outside for longer at night! I like going to a braai and being able to sit outside all night without dying of either hypothermia or smoke from wood fires!

2. Do you have a favourite summer drink?
Oh yes, and it is a newly-discovered one! For ages I have heard Americans (especially in the south) going on about sweet tea, so I decided to find a recipe and make some for myself. It is basically black tea and sugar but it is ADDICTIVE! Especially nice to put a South African twist on it and make rooibos sweet tea :)

3. Is there a location that you like to go each summer?
My dad lives in Cape Town so I love to go visit him each December, but I don't always get a chance. Cape Town is a great destination for any season, and it feels so different from Joburg that it's a great break. I just wish the ocean wasn't so cold!

4. Favourite makeup look for summer?
I am in love with Essence's CC Cream at the moment (it has SPF 30 so perfect for summer!) and I like to wear that coupled with some waterproof mascara. I don't like to wear too much makeup in summer as the heat tends to make things melt off. Having my permanent eyeliner helps a lot!

5. Dresses or skirts?
Dresses fo sho! I prefer maxi dresses even though I am short, but I wear shorter dresses too. Not those short-short crotch-grazing ones where you can't bed over though, I think I probably about 65 394 gym visits away from being able to pull that look off, ha ha!

6. Sandals or ballet pumps?
SANDALS! I normally like to be bare foot so in situations where I have to wear shoes, I like to wear as little shoe as possible.

7. Do you prefer to wear your hair up or down for summer?
This is a tricky one - on the one hand my hair looks so much better down, but on the other wearing it down is like wearing a woolen scarf in the middle of summer. It depends on the day if I am willing to choose comfort over style I guess! If I wear my hair down I always bring a hair tie or clip with me in case I get too hot.

8. Deep smokey eyes or bold lips?
I like a bold lip for summer - it goes well with my minimalist eye makeup and doesn't melt off my face the way a smokey eye would.

9. Favourite perfume for summer?
I adore Davidoff Cool Water or any DKNY Be Delicious for summer - they are all fresh and remind me of summer.

10. Last but not least, favourite music for summer?
Anything on Tuks FM makes me happy :) I love rock and alternative music and Tuks FM plays just what I like.

Unfortunately I am a little bit of a newbie to this blogging world and I don't really have any bloggers that I can tag, and that makes me sad :( But thanks Liz for the tag, this was fun!