Wednesday 10 December 2014

Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation Review

Five days in and I have to admit that I am hopelessly in love with this foundation! I had been lusting after the Physician's Formula mineral powder foundation for a while, but didn't have the guts to spend R200 on it, especially since I have a very strict December budget. Then last Friday I decided I was just going to get it - after having a really tough week, I needed some retail therapy ;) I went straight to the Physician's Formula stand at Dischem, picked it up, swatched it on my arm to see what coverage it offered, and made my way to the till.

On the way to the till I passed by Palladio's stand. I have always liked Palladio, so I gave it a once over to see if they had a powder foundation. They did - so I swatched the tester on my arm to see coverage and it looked pretty similar to the coverage of the Physician's Formula one. When I saw that it was only R100, my mind was made up! Being cheap on a budget, price was a huge factor for me.

Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation


I got home and was so tempted to film my first First Impressions video but I was too damn excited to try it out that I couldn't wait. What I like about it is that you can use it wet or dry - dry gives less coverage than wet, but for me the coverage from it dry was more than enough! It comes with a sponge to apply, and if you have oily skin you can just wet the sponge with water before applying, or you can use it wet with moisturiser if you have dry/normal skin. The compact also comes with a little mirror so you can carry it around with you for touch ups.

Here are some before and afters. As you can see, using it dry gave me really great coverage and hid all the redness and uneven skin tone perfectly. What I like about it is that it is buildable so you can get the coverage you want.



Now for the lasting power. This claims to last all day, but with my oily skin I have trouble with foundation staying on, even with a primer. I refrained from touch-ups and I took photos throughout the day to check how it was holding up, and I must say that I am quite impressed. Although my face did start looking oily, the makeup stayed on and looked great! And I did have quite a hectic day - I was out and about quite a bit seeing clients and shopping. Here is how it fared during the day:


Impressive huh? I love this foundation so much and I cannot get over how airbrushed it makes my skin look. I do make sure that my skin is exfoliated and moisturised before I apply it because I think that the powder could look bad if the skin is flaky, but I haven't experienced any "cakiness" yet. The oiliness of my skin is still an issue, however I am about to start using a new primer that it supposed to help, plus I still carry my trusty oil control paper so it isn't too much of an issue for me.

Have you guys tried powder foundations before? Let me know what experiences you have had with them :)