Wednesday 30 July 2014

Woolworths Complexion Perfector Review

I am plagued with red, blotchy skin and the occasional break-out, and am constantly on the lookout for something that can even out my skin tone and make my skin look healthy.

I saw this green colour corrector at Woolworths, on sale for R35 and couldn't pass up the opportunity to give it a try. It comes in a 20ml plastic tube, is liquid in consistency, and as with most colour correctors for red skin, it has that scary green hue that you worry will make you look like Kermit! There is no shimmer which I like as on top of my red, pimply skin, I also suffer from oiliness (yay me.)

Here is a photo of the tube, as well as the list of ingredients:

My skin is pretty much at its worst right now, so this test was really putting this colour corrector through its paces! It did seem to work well on my cheeks and forehead where I have general redness, but it didn't completely cover the redness from the pimples.

For comparison sakes, here is a photo of me with nothing on...my face :)

Bare Face

Here is a photo with just the colour corrector on:
Just Colour Corrector
You can see there is less red, but the pimples are still a bit visible.

Here I am all made up with foundation and powder on:
All Made Up

Pros:
- Low price
- No shimmer
- Works well on red patches

Cons:
- Doesn't cover pimples too well

You can see there is a difference, but I wasn't completely blown away by the coverage on my pimples. For 35 bucks though, it's well worth a go!