Tuesday 5 August 2014

Birthday Earthquake

No better way to celebrate a 28th birthday than with gym, a carrot muffin and an earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter Scale!

Happy birthday to me!


In my 28 years I have never felt an earthquake before, so the one today was pretty scary! At first I wasn't too sure what it was, but then things got a bit hectic (I think some things might have shifted on the shelves) and I jumped up, ran for the door, realised I was locked in and then ran around looking for keys before it just stopped.

Luckily the effects weren't so bad here in Joburg, but apparently (as of the time of writing this) there was a fatality in the epicentre of Orkney. Scary stuff!

Let's hope we can get through the rest of my birthday without any more earthquakes/tsunamis/sharknados