Friday 15 August 2014

Catrice Longlasting Eye Pencil Waterproof Review

Happy Friday everybody!

This is just a quick review for Catrice's Longlasting Waterproof Eye Pencil.

I went on the hunt for a good, long-lasting eyepencil the other day, and after testing a couple out (basically drawing on my hand and rubbing over them with my finger) I found that the best budget eyeliner was a toss up between Catrice's Longlasting Waterproof Eye Pencil, and Essence's Gel Eye Pencil Waterproof. I decided on Catrice as not only was it slightly cheaper at R38 instead of R43, but I prefered the colour selection, although the colours were quite similar.

On my preliminary test, both the Catrice and the Essence eyeliner stayed put, even after the other eyeliners had completely come off! The L.A. Girl's Semi-Permanent eyeliner was around the same price and came off almost completely with the first swipe! By the end of the evening, both Catrice and Essence were still on my hand, and in the morning, only Essence was still showing. Pretty impressive if you ask me - I will have to go back and get an Essence one now too to try out properly!

Anywho I chose a grey and a green Catrice pencil and tested their staying power on my eyes.

Here is a pic of the packaging. It is a retractable pencil I love that there is a secret sharpener in the bottom of the tube, but I haven't felt the need to use it yet :) Essence didn't have a sharpener, but it is also a retractable.

And here is a pic of the product in action! This is halfway through the day, and you can see that there is a little bit of fading, but no smudging or running, which is super important!


Pros:
- Price
- Retractable pencil
- Sharpener included
- Metallic finish

Cons:
- None that I can think of

All in all I would say that this is another hit from Catrice!

Have a great weekend y'all :)