Friday 24 April 2015

Catch Up - Where Has Karley Been?

Ok, so has it been almost 2 months since my last post? You bet your red lipstick it has, but I do have a pretty good reason for that.

Time to get personal now - my husband and I have been struggling for a while now to fall pregnant. If any of you are in the same situation, you will now juts how emotionally draining this process can be. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and because of this, I am not ovulating. Early in March I went for another surgery to remove two cysts on my ovary, and about 2 weeks after the op, I grew another cyst. Now for some reason, my cysts do not respond to medication to shrink them, and after lengthy trials of taking meds to get me ovulating, just last week I was told that I need to lose weight to try and get the ovulation going. Now this is difficult, because the PCOS has made me put on weight, so losing weight is twice as hard! The doctors told me to cut out carbs, so I have jumped onto the banting train (unwillingly) and have a personal trainer at gym (who made it so that I couldn't walk for two days after my first session!)

On top of the emotional roller coaster that is infertility, I have also gone back to studying. I got my law degree a few years ago, but law was never what I really wanted to do with my life. So now I am studying teaching, which I am loving, but it does take up a huge chunk of my time, especially with exams coming up in a few days!

So in between not wanting to get out of bed because everyone around me is having babies and I can't, trying to get assignments done, and working full time, I have unfortunately put my blog on hold while I try keep my head above water. Not that I don't have a ton of awesome products to review, and videos filmed, but I just don't have the time to get it all just right to put up here. I promise that I will start again, very soon, because this is my passion, and maybe getting back into my blog will keep me away from the negativity of infertility.

Have an awesome Friday everyone, and enjoy your long weekend! I will be working and studying - say a little prayer for me!


post signature