Thursday 30 April 2015

Tiny Mini Haul with Essence, Maybelline and Coco PLUS First Impressions



Ever since essence has changed their regular colour & go nail polish range  to the gel nail polish, I have been dying to get my hands on them and see how the compare to the old ones. The other day I saw a white polish on the Essence stand and it said that it can be used as a colour intensifying base. I had heard about using a white polish to do this before, and I was excited to see that essence finally came out with a bright pure white colour.

Finally today I made my way to Dischem and bought the white polish (33 wild white ways) as well as a beige/nude colour (26 dare it nude) to test with it. While there, I saw that they were have a R30 off sale of all Maybelline products (yep, that is R30, not 30%!) which made the Colossal Kajal 12h eye pencil R17! I couldn't pass up a deal like that, so I grabbed a turquoise one to try out. Then I also found a lip gloss called Coco, and had to get it for Coco's sake (my wire fox terrier). Plus it was ice cream flavoured and R12 so...



Let me start with the essence polish - the bottles are the same as the old ones, and the brushes have that great rounded shape that make one-swipe application a breeze. I just painted my nails last night, so I didn't have the heart to remove all my hard work to swatch them just yet, but I will be doing a review of them soon - am dying to see if the white really makes the colours pop!



The Maybelline Colossol Kajal 12h eye pencil (try say that three times fast!) is really soft and vibrant. The colour comes out well and I love how it looks with my eyes. As to the 12 hour lasting power claim, I will need to test that out. If it does last 12 hours then I am getting my butt back to Dischem and buying the lot!



Lastly the lip gloss. I have honestly never heard of the brand Coco, nor the company Hair Motion, but a quick google search lead to their website where I saw that they are an American company with quite a few different beauty products. Now first off, I just have to say that one of my many pet hates is when lip products incorrectly state that they are "flavoured". No, you are cherry "scented", not "flavoured" - when I eat you, you taste nothing like cherries! So this lip gloss stating that it is ice cream flavoured is a little irritating, but I will give it a break. The tube is disproportionately large for the amount of product, but I like the twisty bottom and the rather large fluffy applicator! It came in three colours, pink, white and brown, which I assume are supposed to represent the neapolitan strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. Normally I am a vanilla-girl, but I preferred the pink colour to white, so I got that one. It's shimmery and it looks like the glitters are bronzey-gold which I quite like. Unfortunately I didn't have any scent to it at all, nor does it taste anything like ice cream (surprise, surprise). I haven't had a chance to wear it for a long time, so I will do a more in-depth review once I have tested it fully. I had to laugh that they put a warning on the tube that reads "This product contains NO ICE CREAM" - what?!


post signature