Wednesday 12 November 2014

Catrice Camouflage Cream Review

After running out of my usual concealer, and reading some good reviews on the Catrice Camouflage Cream, I decided to give it a go.

I am terrible at choosing the correct shade and after years of photos of me looking like a ghost with a super white face, now I am terrified to just "go with the lightest shade" which used to be my motto, and I chose the middle shade (020 Light Beige).

Now I'm not saying that it is way too dark for me, but it has more yellow undertones, where my skin has more pink undertones. That being said, once my face is all made up it doesn't look too out of place!

The Catrice Camouflage Cream (nice alliteration!) comes in a black 3 gram plastic tub with a clear lid. The only negative I would say about the tub is that when the product runs low, it gets a bit difficult to get it out and I have to use a cotton bud, but to be honest that is the case with all beauty products that come in a tub so no biggie there.


Here is a swatch of what it looks like on my freckly arm. You can see how the yellow undertones don't really match my skin tone, but it covers the freckles like a boss!




But swatches on arms aren't that great because the cream is meant to be on the face, so I took some shots of how it works on moles and other scary face blemishes. I don't know why I didn't use it on the very visible pimples on my cheek in the first two photos, but it made my huge mole almost invisible! And look at the great job it did on the burst blood vessel on my chin :)




And here is my full face with just the concealer vs concealer and foundation. You can see the yellowish tones that don't quite match in the first photo, but with foundation over it looks great.




The cream is quite thick in consistency, yet I don't find that it gets cakey under the eyes like some other concealers do. I love to use it as a base for eyeshadow as well and find that it keeps things where they should be there. I have had some issues with it coming off a bit if I put it on under foundation, so now I apply it over my foundation and it works quite well that way.

I love the coverage of the concealer and find that it is quite effective in hiding all kinds of imperfections (moles, freckles, pimples, burst blood vessels) but I don't think that this colour is right for me, however I think that the lighter shade would be too light. Nevertheless I still use it everyday!

Do you also have trouble in finding the perfect shade for you skin tone? Please let me know if you have any tips! Also let me know if you have used Catrice's Camouflage Cream and what you think of it :)