Wednesday 7 January 2015

Video Tutorial - Work Makeup Look



Hello beauties and happy 2015!

I haven't blogged in ages - mainly because I haven't had a device to properly blog on (and a little because I have been desperately trying to do absolutely nothing over my holiday!) Now that I have my spiffy new laptop and a study area in our guest room, I am ready to get this blogging year started!

I thought a nice back to work makeup tutorial would be good to put up for you to get everyone in the mood to spend another year making some bacon. I even decided to do a video so you can see how awkward I am in that arena ;)

Video will follow below, but first a little detail on what products I used and why. I am most certainly not a morning person - waking up angers me and I will spend every last second  playing on my phone in bed until I simply cannot put off getting my day started if I want a chance of getting to work on time. This productive little routine of mine means that I don't have much time for makeup, unless I sacrifice breakfast time, but a hungry Karley is an even more grumpy Karley, and I cannot subject the world to that! So I am forced to do my makeup in about 5 minutes, which is a bit of a challenge. Luckily I have a quick and easy look that enables you to rock up to work looking professional and put together without much time or effort. These are the products I use to get the look:



1. Palladio Herbal Dual Wet and Dry Powder Foundation

I recently discovered Palladio's Herbal Dual Wet and Dry Powder Foundation and love how you can get a flawless finish without having to use a cream foundation and then a finishing powder, so this is my go-to product to save time. I don't feel the need to use concealer along with this, and if I want a fuller coverage then I just use the sponge damp.

2. Catrice Absolute Nude Eyeshadow Palette

This is my favourite eyeshadow palette as I am a big fan of nude tones, and it is versatile as I can use a darker brown to fill in my eyebrows, and the lighter colours for my lids.

3. Essence Lashes Go Wild Volume Mascara

This is my favourite essence mascara to date but I believe that it is on it's way to being discontinued :( I have stocked up on a couple of tubes and hope I can find an equivalent before they finish! This mascara glides on my lashes easily and doesn't clump.

4. Accessorize Lipstick

I saw Clicks was having a sale on Accessorize products and this colour just jumped out at me! It is do bright and bold, and the perfect accompaniment to nude eyes.

And here is your tutorial - woop woop!



What do you guys think? What are your favourite looks for work?