Monday 23 February 2015

Clicks Deep Purifying Nose Pore Strips Review

I have to admit something - I have never used nose strips before. Ever. Not that I haven't been plagued by those horrid blackheads on my nose, but I haven't ever thought about using nose strips in the past. I always noticed them on my nose, but slopping on some foundation and covering them up seemed like a pretty good solution until my husband got me a L.E.D magnifying mirror. With 5x magnification, those little blackheads look like giant beasts. No amount of concealer, foundation and powder can hide them. So when I was out at Clicks buying my favourite makeup removing wipes, I saw a pack of 6 for about R36 and decided that now was the time to try!


The six strips come in individual foil packages housed inside the cardboard box above. In case you are a bit of an airhead when it comes to instructions, they are printed on both the back of the box and on each individual foil sachet, but they are pretty straight-forward!

Instructions:
1. Make sure your face is thoroughly cleaned
2. Open sachet and remove strip from the plastic liner (ooh it looks like a cute little moustache!)
3. Make sure nose is wet with water
4. Apply strip to nose (sticky/shiny side down)
5. Wait 10 - 15 minutes (seems to take forever!)
6. Slowly remove and inspect remains!

Stunning, doll!
I followed all the steps, but found the strip to be a little more difficult to remove than I thought it would be! I knew it would be sticky, but it did hurt quite a bit when I pulled it off, and there was a brief moment in time where I panicked and didn't know if I could continue to rip it off. But, as usual, vanity prevailed and I managed to get it off without any tears.

Now I don't know if you guys really want to see what came out (I did take photos in case!) but I was hella impressed. There was tons of "stuff" stuck to the strip, and after checking my nose, it did seem like quite a few of the beasts were gone. The pores were big, but they were empty, and that made me feel very satisfied in a way that only those of you who like popping and squeezing zits (BAD habit - don't do that!) can understand.


The strips do remove the natural oils and can irritate the skin, so you need to treat the skin in the affected area really well and get it moisturized and happy again! The strips recommend that you wait 4 days between uses, but personally I would only do it once a month, maybe once a week at most, depending on your skin sensitivity and severity of blackhead infestation. I wanted to do another one directly afterwards to nab all the others that didn't get removed, but thankfully I resisted temptation!

If you do want to see what was left on the strip (my husband was so grossed out and didn't think anyone would want to see something so disgusting!) then let me know in the comments below and I will post it. I am one of those people who does want to see proof of how effective a product is, but I can understand that it can gross out other people who don't want to see that sort of thing!

Do you guys use another brand of nose strips, or do you have home recipes that you make yourself?
 
post signature