Monday 16 February 2015

L.A. Girl Beauty Brick in Smoky Review

As I mentioned in my last post, L.A. Girl has 4 different Beauty Bricks - Nudes, Smoky, Ultra and Neons. I snatched up the Nudes as it looked like a great dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 3, and I was not disappointed at all!

Following my excitement in the Nudes Beauty Brick last week, I decided to get the Smoky one to try out too. The packaging is similar, except that the hard plastic that houses the eyeshadow is pink instead of beige. The outer part is hard cardboard and I think there is a magnet in the lid as it closes nicely. There is also a handy mirror in the lid. It comes with the two-ended brush and 12 shades that are great at making a smoky eye.


The shadows are varying tones of greys, whites and browns. There are about 4 matt shades and the rest are shimmer. I thought that that some of the shades were more blue, but once swatched you can see that the colour in the palette is not necessarily the colour once on the skin.


The photo doesn't show the colours so well (especially #7!), but they are well pigmented and very soft. These swatches are done without any primer as well, and with primer, the colours are much more vibrant.

I was in Dischem and saw they are having a big Beauty Fair sale at the moment, and these Beauty Bricks were all just over R50 each! I bought the Ultra Beauty Brick as well now to test out for you. I don't think I will get the Neon palette as the colours are a bit too bright for me, and not really my thing, but the fact that I now have 3 of the 4 makes me want to get it just to complete the set ha ha!

If you have managed to get your hands onto these yet, what is your favourite palette?