Wednesday 1 October 2014

African Extracts Rooibos Purifying Range review

Happy Hump day everybody!

Today I am very excited to review my new favourite skin care products - African Extracts Rooibos Purifying range. Sure, the name may be a mouthful, but it is super effective at combating oily skin and blemishes.

I suffer from oily skin and no matter what I used in the past, by lunch time I would end up mopping up my face with oil control paper to try and get rid of the "I just threw a bucket of KFC at my face" look. Not cute.

It was by sheer chance that I picked up the vanishing cream from this range about a month ago. I had rushed into the mall to fetch some chairs before a shop closed, and stopped at Clicks to grab a moisturiser as I had just run out that morning. Not really knowing what vanishing cream was, I saw the price was cheap, so I bought it as if it turned out to be a dud, at least I wasn't out of pocket! I used it the next morning and was surprised at the feeling of using vanishing cream (so called as it "vanishes" into your skin). It soaked in well and left my skin feeling very matt. I realised that is didn't really moisturise, but it did seem to keep the oiliness at bay. Later that day I got the moisturiser in the range to try out, as that is what I needed in the first place!

Now I am still not 100% sure what vanishing cream is, or when in the skincare routine it is supposed to be used, but I put it on after I cleanse and tone, and then I use the moisturiser after the vanishing cream. If this is wrong, let me know, but this routine is working for me so I think it's right! Not only do the products leave your skin matt, but they help with pimples too. I always get a monthly breakout without fail, and this month I had nothing! The moisturiser has Salicylic Acid and Baobab extracts which assist in the blemish banishment and it works like a dream. It takes the oil away without leaving your skin dry - to me my face feels sort of velvety afterwards, I just love it!

I honestly cannot get over how good my skin is looking, and I am now able to go out without wearing any foundation or powder to cover up the horrible oily, spotty skin that I had before. These products work like a dream, and I cannot wait until my current facewash and toner run out so that I can replace them with the ones from this range (waste not, want not.)

This Purifying range offers:
- Facial Cleansing Bar
- Spot control Face Wash
- 3-in-1 Wash, Scrub and Mask
- Purifying Toner
- Dual Action Moisturiser
- Purifying Vanishing Cream
- Purifying Starter Kit


African Extracts Rooibos Purifying Range

Here is a link to their website if you want to get more details on the range.

If you suffer from oily skin, then you should definitely give these products a go. They are affordable and available at a range of different stores. You can find them at Clicks, Dischem, Spar, Pick n Pay and Checkers.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to let me know about the whole vanishing cream issue!